Eggs are marvelous points, super-nutritious and also flexible. This dish is a take on the Middle Eastern recipe eggah, which is commonly flavoured with seasonings, natural herbs, veggies and also often meat.
This vegan variation has the unique flavour of allspice with great deals of dill, coriander, courgette, springtime onions and also spinach. For ease, it is baked in the stove.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon added virgin olive oil
- 6 springtime onions, very finely cut diagonally
- 250g child fallen leave spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, carefully sliced
- 2 courgettes, coarsely grated
- 6 big eggs
- ½ tsp ground turmeric extract
- ½ tsp dried out mint
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 handfuls dill, leafy sprigs gotten rid of
- 1 handful coriander leaves, approximately sliced
- 15g butter
- 300g vine-ripened tiny tomatoes
- 55g feta cheese, fallen apart (optional)
- 3 tablespoon toasted almonds, slivered
- Heat a huge, ovenproof fry pan over a tool warmth. Include the oil and also springtime onions and also chef for one min. After that include the spinach and also chef for 2 to 3 mins up until shrivelled, transforming the fallen leaves with tongs so they prepare equally. Include the garlic and also courgettes to the frying pan and also chef for a more min, mixing, up until softened. Suggestion right into a dish and also leave to cool down.
- Preheat the stove to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
- Mix with each other the eggs, turmeric, mint and also allspice in a huge blending dish. Include the cooled down courgette blend and also half the natural herbs. Period well with salt and also pepper, and also blend with a fork up until incorporated.
- Add the butter to the fry pan and also thaw over a medium-low warmth. Gather the egg blend, after that cook for 20-25 mins. Place the tomatoes on a cooking tray, drizzle over a little oil and also roast at the exact same time as the frittata for 20 mins.
- When the frittata is simply established and also beginning to transform gold at the sides, take it out and also leave it to stand for 5 mins, after that end up on a plate. Spread over the staying natural herbs, feta, if utilizing, and also almonds. Offer in pieces with the baked tomatoes on the side.
Recipe from The Right Fat by Nicola Graimes (Pavilion Books, £9.99). Order your duplicate from books.telegraph.co.uk.